Safety and side effects
Do you have your Mayne Pharma Patient Savings Card?
Most insured, eligible patients pay $0 for their prescription for FABIOR Foam.
Are you an adult with acne?
Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t get acne.
Safety and side effects of FABIOR Foam
You may experience some burning and stinging, redness, dryness, or peeling. In clinical trials, these effects typically resolved with continued use of FABIOR Foam in most patients and generally did not stop patients from using the medication.
You may find it helpful to use a moisturizer.
Talk with your doctor about your skin-care routine and any side effects you experience. It may take time to find the right medication routine for your skin, so don’t give up!
How to use FABIOR Foam
Use FABIOR Foam exactly as your doctor tells you to. Do not use more FABIOR Foam than prescribed and do not use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are a female and have menstrual periods, begin using FABIOR Foam during a normal menstrual period to help ensure that you are not pregnant when you begin use.
- FABIOR Foam is flammable. Avoid fire, flame, and smoking during and right after using FABIOR Foam
- Gently clean the affected area (face and/or upper trunk) with a mild cleanser and dry completely before using FABIOR Foam
- Use FABIOR Foam once a day at bedtime. Apply FABIOR Foam to the affected area (face and/or upper trunk) where you have lesions. Use enough foam to cover the entire affected area with a thin film of FABIOR Foam
- Keep FABIOR Foam away from your eyes, mouth, and vagina. If FABIOR Foam comes into contact with your eyes, rinse them well with water
- Wash your hands after applying FABIOR Foam
- If you use too much FABIOR Foam, you may get redness, peeling, or skin irritation in the treated area. Call your doctor if this happens, or if you accidentally swallow FABIOR Foam
- Follow your doctor’s directions for other routine skin care and the use of makeup
- You may also use a moisturizer as needed
While using FABIOR Foam
- Avoid using abrasive soaps or cleansers that might dry or irritate your skin, unless your doctor tells you it is OK
- Avoid sunlight. FABIOR Foam can make your skin sensitive to sunlight and the light from sunlamps or tanning beds. You could get a sunburn. Use sunscreen and protective clothing during the day if you must be outdoors
- Avoid using FABIOR Foam if you have a sunburn. Wait until your sunburn is fully healed before using FABIOR Foam
- Talk to your doctor before using FABIOR Foam if you are sensitive to sunlight, taking medications that increase your sensitivity to sunlight, or if your job requires you to spend a lot of time in the sun
- Avoid weather extremes, such as wind and cold, while using FABIOR Foam because they may be more irritating to your skin
- Please tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Storage and Handling Instructions for FABIOR Foam
- Store FABIOR Foam at room temperature between 60° F and 77° F (20° C to 25° C)
- Store FABIOR Foam upright
- Do not freeze FABIOR Foam
- FABIOR Foam is flammable. Keep the can away from fire and heat. Do not spray FABIOR Foam near fire or direct heat
- Do not puncture the can or throw it into a fire, even if the can is empty
Keep FABIOR Foam and all medicines out of the reach of children.